The “Friends” is a registered charity run entirely by volunteers. By volunteering you can help the Friends, and in doing so, the Reserve by giving your time and enthusiasm, whilst at the same time discovering more about the Reserve, its wildlife & its management.
“Friends” volunteers can carry out a wide range of tasks but they don’t always have to be either outdoors or energy sapping ! Perhaps you could put your organisational, IT, administrative or financial skills to good use ? Amongst tasks currently carried out by volunteers are:
- Managing the Visitor Centre including greeting and assisting visitors
- Running the Heron’s Rest café including serving drinks and light snacks
- Wildlife surveying
- Practical conservation work on the Reserve (under supervision of a Warden)
- Assisting at events run by the Friends (e.g. Creepy Crawley Day) and the Wardens
- Participating in the Horsham Green Gym
- General and financial administration & record keeping
- Serving as Trustees and on the management committee
Remember ! You don’t need to be an expert, enthusiasm is far more important !!
Whether you have a day or an hour of time to give …. find out more and help make a difference!
Leave your contact details with the staff at the Heron’s Rest or telephone the Heron’s Rest on 01403 756238 or e-mail us through our contact page.