The Heron’s Rest café reopens
GREAT NEWS, the Herons Rest will be reopening on Saturday 8th August at 10.00 am.
This will be a “door service” only. There will be a limited amount of outdoor seating available. The visitors centre, however, will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Our full range of drinks and snacks will be available, but we ask if you can please pay by cards rather than cash.
We also ask that you are patient with us as we get used to the new system of working and please observe the relevant signage whilst queuing for your order.
Please note that we are NOT participating in the Government “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme.”
Reserve Current Opening Hours
The reserve will be open daily from 10.00am – 4.00pm.
For the safety of all our visitors, the following measures have been put in place.
- Access to the reserve is via a temporary path leading from the main car park.
- For your own safety, please DO NOT try to access the fenced construction area surrounding the new Discovery Hub building.
- To ensure adequate social distancing, a one-way system around the reserve is now in place. Please follow the signs and remain 2 meters from other visitors at all times.
- Please do not block the paths or set up equipment which can affect other people passing safely.
- The Herons Rest café and all the hides remain closed.
- One toilet will be open for everyone to use from Tuesday 9 June, please follow the on-site signage.
- Car parking space will be limited, so please walk to the reserve if you are able to.
We would ask all our visitors to help us keep the reserve open by following these safety measures. Public health remains paramount and we do reserve the right to limit our visitor numbers to maintain adequate social distancing.
Please note, for the time being, the reserve will be FREE to enter, but a donation box will be located by the temporary entrance and any contributions to the upkeep of the reserve will be greatly appreciated.
The Friends continue to oppose the Rookwood proposal. Please read more.